After selecting the 'custom' channel type when creating a new channel, select the empty field next to 'Data Connector' to choose the Pimberly Cloud connection type.
The media connector can also be configured in the same way if the images are to be exported to Pimberly Cloud.
Once the data connector has been setup, the remainder of the settings can be applied. These settings are:
- Schedule How often the channel should automatically run and at what time. Setting the time will stipulate the time of day that the channel runs. This can then be run daily, on a particular day of the week, or on a set date of the month at this time. Alternatively, the channel can be set to run at intervals specified in minutes by selecting the 'Every' option
- Recent Exports A list of the most recent exports run by the channel, including the number of products exported. These products and an errors can also be viewed in more detail
- Status This shows whether a channel is enabled or disabled. Disabled channels will not run either according to the schedule or when manually choosing to run a channel
- Filters Setting filters on a channel will allow only certain products to be exported. Filters can be set to only allow products to come from certain categories and/or schemas, to prevent attributes which come from certain channels, and to only export products that have been changed since the last export
- Exported Files This dictates the names and the formats of the files exported
The type of export for the channel can be chosen by selecting the 'Add New' button
- Product attributes This is the most common export type, and exports the attribute values of the products released to the channel
- Category trees This exports the category tree structure of the category trees in Pimberly
- Attribute definition This exports the attribute types and setup of the attributes in the system
Once the export type has been selected there are a number of additional options depending on the export type chosen.
- File Name The name that the exported file should be given. Selecting the '+' symbol will show the additional timestamp options that can be used when naming the export
- File Format Whether the file is to be exported as CSV, TSV, PSV or XML format. Selecting the 'unquoted' checkbox will prevent the CSV exported fields from being wrapped in quotation marks
- Options (Product Attributes) Whether products should be exported with one row per product, or one row per attribute of each product
- Options (Category Trees) Whether all category trees should be exported or a specific tree
- Options (Attribute Definition) Whether the attribute definition should be exported for all schemas or a specific schema
When the channel is run, all of the added file exports will be exported. To remove a particular file from the export, simply select the 'Remove' button from the export file that is no longer required.
The existing attributes need to be mapped to be exported. Attributes from the list on the left can be dragged across to the right to be able to enter in the column name as it needs to appear in the export.
Alternatively, all attributes can be mapped by selecting the option to export all prior to mapping any attributes.
The order in which the columns appear on the export can also be altered by selecting the reorder option once more than one attribute has been mapped
For more information about mapping exports and options, see Products - Exporting.