This article describes the changes to Pimberly which have been deployed during August 2021.
- In the Image Picker, images will now be shown newest-first (CAT-227)
- Spread type can no longer be edited once the publication has been created (CAT-300)
- The pages in the first spread in a double-spread publication are now numbered Page 0 and Page 1 (CAT-308)
- When importing a running order file, Stage will now be set as expected (CAT-311)
- The Master scope can now be selected when creating or editing a publication (CAT-312)
- When copying sections, the new section will no longer have the same name as the original section (CAT-315)
- Added warnings to the import process for problems such as duplicate spread names, missing page numbers and incorrect number of pages on a spread (CAT-319)
- Spreads can now be copied to another publication successfully (CAT-326)
- Product attributes shown on a page will now correctly reflect the publication's configured scope and locale (CAT-327)
- Plus additional bug fixes and performance improvements
Performance improvements to Categorise Product popup (PIM-3708)
Resolves slower-than-expected response times and timeouts that could occur when opening the Categorise popup on products with a lot of categories, or in accounts with several large category trees. As a result of this fix, a product's existing categories will no longer be shown with a strikethrough in the category tree in the left-hand pane.
Media Set metadata exported as a blank value (PIM-3668)
Resolves an issue whereby exporting media set metadata outputs a blank value.
Attribute-level dateUpdated value sometimes stored as string (PIM-3686)
Fixes an issue where attribute-level dateUpdated values would sometimes be stored as a string, which could mean a product was not included when a changes-only channel was run.
Expressions incorrectly store a number as a string when attribute Accuracy is defined (PIM-3705)
Fixes an issue whereby a Number attribute with an Accuracy defined would be stored as a string when modified by an expression.
Lifecycle stage not advanced to correct stage when updated by Decision Table (PIM-3724)
Resolves an issue with Lifecycle actions in decision tables whereby a product's lifecycle stage might not have been advanced to the correct stage.
New feature: Power Users and access control for Category Trees and Data Sets (PIM-3090)
We have enhanced the permissions model in Pimberly to allow for additional control over access to specific admin functions.
There is now a new user type of Power User (configurable in Admin > Users). Power Users have access to the Logs menu, allowing them to view feed, channel, import and export logs, as well as a restricted Admin menu with access to Category Trees, Data Sets, Running Jobs and Media Metadata.
Other admin functions, such as feeds and channels, attribute configuration etc, remain limited to Account Admin users.
Category Tree and Data Set permissions
The account owner can now control group permissions on individual category trees and data sets. This allows the account owner to control which groups can read and write category trees and data sets on an individual basis.
For example, groups who are responsible for different brand category trees can be limited to just the trees over which they have responsibility.
To access this new function, click the drop-down arrow next to the Save button and click Permissions...
For each group choose whether to allow or deny read and write permissions. If no permissions are specified, any Account Admin or Power User can edit the item.
Please contact the support team for changes to the account owner.
Channel-level scope applied to non-scoped attributes when "Export only changed products" is selected (PIM-3647)
Channels that have a channel-level scope defined, with "Export only changed products" and "Enable per-attribute date updated comparison" enabled, will no longer apply the selected scope to non-scoped attributes when determining whether a product should be included in the export.
As a result of this change, if a non-scoped attribute has been changed on the product, it will now be correctly included in the export file the next time the channel runs.