- Total flexibility on what products you want to be released/ not released
- Conditionally release products based on the logic applied to either parent or child
- Have full confidence when releasing products
- Easily manage complex parent and child relationships
The relationship between parent and child products isn't always simple or even linear for that matter. What if you want to release one but not the other? Or, even some of the children based on rules within the parent? As a business excelling at eCommerce, you should have the flexibility to do this.
Take Tee-Rex - an up-and-coming T-shirt company that sells over 100 different styles of t-shirts offering a wide range of colours and sizes. Within each parent item (the style), they offer 20 different colours and 6 different sizes.
Their bestselling Velociraptor T-shirt is now out of stock and will be for a couple of weeks now due to complications in their supply chain. Applying ‘do not sell’ to 27 different products (parent and children) is a task that Tee-Rex's busy eCommerce team doesn’t have the time for.
With the new Channel Filters within Pimberly, Tee-Rex's team can add logic based on the parent or the child item. Creating a rule that states if the attribute ‘sale status’ is ‘do not sell’, then do not release the child items. Overall, this means they can be confident that the Velociraptor T-shirts will remain off the website until stock is replenished.
The Channel Filter functionality enables you to have full flexibility on what product is released whatever its hierarchy!
Easily control if your product needs to be released with or without a parent or children, and what logic you would like it to follow i.e., only release if parent stock indicators are healthy. What’s great is you can do all this without creating any workflows.
Some examples of filters that can be applied:
- N/A - help text: ‘Always allow Release/Export of the product, even if no items of the product pass the Item Filter(s)'. This will be the default option for the channel and will continue to replicate existing production functionality.Item filters do not prevent a product’s release/export.
- ALL - help text: ‘Allow Release/Export only if ALL items of the product pass the Item Filter(s)'
- SOME - help text: ‘Allow Release/Export if ANY items of the product pass the Item Filter(s)’